This is a super simple sewing idea (try saying that 5 times fast!) It would make a great first sewing project for your budding seamstress.
- Have your daughter select a cute shirt that she has outgrown. The one shown was actually a pajama shirt, so it is soft!
- Have her cut the shirt in a straight line, just under the sleeves. Draw a line using a pen if it will help.
- Turn inside out.
- Sew one side straight across.
- Sew part of the other side – leaving room for stuffing.
- Turn right side out and stuff.
- Sew the opening closed. We used the sewing machine verses doing this by hand. We just had to squish the now stuffed pillow a bit for it to fit under the sewing machine foot.
Photos: (I didn’t divide the directions with photos in case you wanted to copy and print and let your daughter follow the directions to make the pillow on her own.)
Cut straight across under the sleeves.
Turn inside out.
Sew straight across one side and part of the other – leaving room for stuffing.
Stuff. Sew the opening closed.