Every afternoon, I will post something for you to share with your family in the evening. It may be a talking point, a short video, a Scripture to read, etc.
We have been working through a list of sins from Anne Graham Lotz new book, The Daniel Prayer.
Today’s sin is: A Critical Spirit
- 1 Peter 3:4 says, “But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God’s sight is very precious.” (ESV)
- Do you find fault with others whom you feel don’t measure up?
- Are you quick to point out what others do wrong?
- Are you “bossy” in giving direction to others or do you get mad when they don’t do it your way?
- Could you be described as a “Debby Downer” or “Negative Nancy?” Nobody enjoys being around someone like that! Has this perhaps become a habit for you?
Confess this sin to God.
Often a critical spirit is a habit. Ask God to help you break this and any other destruction habits. Your relationship with others will be affected if you continue to behave this way. Remember, we are here on earth to glorify God.