Every afternoon, I will post something for you to share with your family in the evening. It may be a talking point, a short video, a Scripture to read, etc.
Read Jeremiah 29:11
- Discuss your Spring Break plans.
- It’s great to make plans.
- God makes plans for us too. Discuss the difference between the day to day plans we make and the ones God has made for us.
- Sometimes we have a plan in mind and when things don’t go as “planned,” how do you respond? Discuss.
- How can we be open to God’s plans – even if they differ from our own and even if we initially don’t want to accept them
- Discuss Kent Brantly whose plans were to be a doctor. God had a plan for him to move his family to Africa and practice there. He obeyed. Later, there was a terrible sickness called ebola that was spreading. God’s plan for Kent was that he stay and continue taking care of the sick people there. He was afraid, but he knew this was God’s plan. He chose to lay down his own plans for God’s better plans. How did God use what happened to Kent to glorify Himself (awareness to this sickness, opportunities to share the gospel to the masses, etc.)
Reminder, Facing Darkness, the movie featuring Kent Brantly is playing in select theaters this Thursday.