Every afternoon, I will post something for you to share with your family in the evening. It may be a talking point, a short video, a Scripture to read, etc. It will never take more than 20 minutes for you to do. Twenty minutes will allow your tots to hang in there and and your teens to stick around. Be sure to subscribe to get the daily post delivered to your Inbox.
Today’s Post… Wisdom (based on our pastor’s sermon yesterday)
Who is the wisest person you know or have heard about? (let everyone share)
Read James 3:13-18.
- What are the signs of wisdom? (look in verse 17)
- Discuss what PURE means (integrity). Give examples.
- Discuss what PEACEABLE means (peace with others). Give examples.
- Discuss what GENTLE means (in words, actions, attitudes). Give examples.
- Discuss what WILLING TO YIELD or OPEN TO REASON means (listen to others opinions; not argumentative). Give examples.
- Discuss what FULL OF MERCY AND GOOD FRUITS means (concern; forgive others without anger or bitterness). Give examples.
- Discuss what IMPARTIAL AND SINCERE mean (no unfair distinctions; treating all people with genuine love)
- Re-read verse 18. Does it seem that peaceful people create a peaceful environment? And argumentative people stir up strife? Challenge everyone to strive for peace.
- “Righteousness flourishes in an environment of spiritual peace.” (MacArthur Study Bible notes) Make sure you have spiritual peace and you will sow seeds of peace as an overflow.
- How can you have spiritual peace? read your Bible and pray daily; choose to do what the Bible says. Confess sin when you do wrong.