Every afternoon, I will post something for you to share with your family in the evening. It may be a talking point, a short video, a Scripture to read, etc.
Today’s post… (Grace and Second Chances)
The Resurrection of Gavin Stone (rated PG) comes out today. You might choose to take your family to see it.
You can read Focus on the Family’s Plugged In review here.
You can watch the Trailer here.
Even if you don’t get to go see the movie, you can watch some of the clips and interviews at the Official Movie Site for the movie. There are even conversation guides on the site.
- Discuss the difference between mercy (not getting what you deserve) and grace (getting what you don’t deserve).
- Point out examples of grace found in the movie.
- Second chances is a theme that you see in the movie. Is it hard to give people who have wronged you a second chance?
- Read Matthew 18:21-22. Jesus says to forgive 70×7, meaning lose count. Forgive innumerably.
- Thank God for forgiveness and for always giving you grace and second chances. Ask Him to help you do the same to others which, thereby, points right back to Him and He receives glory.