Every afternoon, I will post something for you to share with your family in the evening. It may be a talking point, a short video, a Scripture to read, etc. It will never take more than 20 minutes for you to do. Twenty minutes will allow your tots to hang in there and and your teens to stick around. Be sure to subscribe to get the daily post delivered to your Inbox.
Today’s post… (Prayer)
C.H. Spurgeon was a Baptist preacher in the 1800’s. His sermons are still influencing people today! He has been called the “Prince of Preachers.”
Spurgeon wrote, “Prayer is… doubt’s destroyer, ruin’s remedy, the antidote to all anxieties.” (from Lifeway’s 40 Days of Prayer: Day 19; Prayer is the Antidote)
- How much time do you spend praying most days?
- Are there other activities that are taking up a big part of your time (that are not work or school related)?
- Daniel prayed 3 times a day (Daniel 6:10).
- Have each person make a plan to personally pray certain times during their day. Someone might choose mornings. Someone else might try 3 times – morning, lunchtime, and evening. Set a timer on your phone until you’ve established a habit.
- Daniel, at the risk of the lion’s den, prayed at an open window. Choose a place that will be your prayer spot when you are at home. Choose a quiet place, away from distractions.
Here’s a short video on Daniel for your little ones, from Friends and Heroes. (4 minutes)