Every afternoon, I will post something for you to share with your family in the evening. It may be a talking point, a short video, a Scripture to read, etc.
Today’s post… (The Beatitudes)
Read Matthew 5:3-12
Watch this video excerpt from Drive Thru History. (2 minutes)
- Discuss the following words (found in the Scriptures you just read) and what they mean.
- poor in spirit (humility)
- meek (others before ourselves)
- hunger and thirst for righteousness (a right relationship with God)
- pure in heart
- persecuted for righteousness
- It’s hard to rejoice when others persecute you. Does it make it easier knowing that God sees when you choose to love your oppressors? (verses 11 &12)
- Webster’s 1828 Dictionary defines beatitude as: “Blessedness; felicity of the highest kind; consummate [complete] bliss; used of the joys of heaven.”
- We may not see all the rewards of living the life described above until heaven. Go back through the list and discuss.