Letter Skills: L
- Say It: L says “l” like leaves
- Practice It: Cut leaf shapes from green construction paper; if children correctly say “l” sound when asked, throw leaves in air and let them rain down; have them help pick up and repeat
- Recognize It: Decorate Blank Letter L by gluing on leaves or ladybug stickers
- Lolipop activity – give each child a lollipop and practice making the “l” sound, ask, “What does L say?” Children respond and get to lick the lollipop once…repeat several time.
- Letter L book – staple several sheets of paper together. Write letter L with glue and have students sprinkle glitter on the glue for the front cover; make a leaf rubbing inside and write leaf; draw simple dots for eyes with two circles for glasses and write look; draw a heart and write love